Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wait and Rest

I always compare my walk with the Lord to my relationship with my children. Many times when I ask them something, I wonder...has the Lord ever asked that of me? Or when I get frustrated with them I wonder, have I done something similar that has frustrated Him? So the other day when I was putting my kids to bed and they came up with all the usual excuses...I'm thirsty, I'm not tired, I need to clean my room (love that one), I started to wonder if there are times when God knows we need to rest but instead of resting we do what my kids do and come up with excuses...but that ministry needs me, but I'm bored, but others will think I'm lazy or un-spiritual. And we ask things like, what am I supposed to do, just wait? And He answers: yes, wait and rest. Why don't we trust Him enough to know He knows the future? Why don't my kids trust me enough to know that I know they will need the strenghth and energy of a good night's rest to accomplish tomorrows tasks? What if God knows that He has a task for us in the future that requires our rest now so that we will have the strength and energy to do what He calls us to do? "Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength. They will mount up with wings like eagles.They will run and not get tired. They will walk and not become weary." Isaiah 40:31

No comments: